Bullet Journal #1

Sunday, January 15, 2017


Bullet Journaling was first created by Ryder Caroll, a designer based in New York. He describes it as an effective way to “help one track the past, organize the present, and plan for the future”. All you really need to get started is a notebook and a pen.

For the creative, checklist-loving, and wannabe-organized person like me, bullet journaling can quickly turn into a hobby, while simplifying your life at the same time. Instead of having to keep track of a huge number of notebooks and lists, each dedicated to one specific thing, you can just easily combine all of those in one: your own, customized bullet journal.

I have been using my bullet journal as a simple day-to-day planner and calendar, organizer for blog and uni work, universal checklist for everything I could ever want to write down, and also to keep track of certain habits. Since 2017 has just started, let me show you my set up for January and this new year all together.

_____________________________________


Before I get into all of the pages for 2017 I have already set up, I will show you two of my favourite ones from last year, which I will still continue to use: my Books-To-Read and my Movies-To-Watch list. I think this is such a cool way to keep track of those things and also to look back on when having completed the list.


The first two pages for 2017 you can see here, contain of a half year overview and one of my favourite quotes. I use the little monthly grids to mark certain, special dates like birthdays, holidays or really important appointments and events.


The next two pages show the months January to June a little more detailed. Again, I like to write down the most important dates coming up. This overview is really helpful and makes it easy not to forget and overlook things that are essential.


Memories. Naturally, this page is empty yet, but I plan on filling it with small reminders of great things that will (hopefully) happen in 2017. I used to do this quite a lot last year and I loved it, so I am bringing it back again.


As the first two pages of each month, I always draw a detailed calendar. I love the simplicity of it and I find it makes me a lot more organized when being able to look at the whole month at once.


I also like to have one big master-list, how I like to call it, at the beginning of each month. So when important things pop into my head, and I don’t know where to place them yet exactly, I write them down here. My habit tracker is something I have worked on a lot over the last couple of months. I changed the layout many times, so I am excited to see how this one works out. (And in case you were wondering what "piercing cleaning" meant; I got a new earlobe piercing, so that's that.)


I always used to have a separate notebook for my blog until I started my bullet journal. I carry it around with me all the time, so once an idea comes to my mind, I can write it down immediately on this left page. To schedule and work on posts for the next month, I use the left page. Once I have written the post, taken the pictures, decided for a title and finished it, I can tick of the correspondent box. This way, I always know what is left to do and what I have already done.


Now, the detailed overviews of each week start. It starts with Monday in the top left corner and ends with Notes in the bottom right. Pretty self-explanatory.



When something else comes to my mind that I need to write down, yet doesn’t fit anywhere, I just use the next empty page in my notebook.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments