Cruelty Free / Vegan Cosmetic Haul

Friday, July 15, 2016

Lately, I watched a lot of documentaries and videos on youtube about animal cruelty, health and a vegan lifestyle. Looking back at my opinions before I knew about all of those things, I was really ignorant. I didn't think at all where things came from and how they were made. I read a lot about animal cruelty in cosmetics and I decided to check out a brand which is, where I live, known for their all natural, mostly vegan products that are not tested on animals: Alverde.
 If you want to know what I picked up and what my first impressions are, then keep on reading.

______________________________________________

Alverde Apres-Lotion (vegan)
This is a body lotion especially designed for use after sunbathing or just spending a lot of time in the sun. It contains schisandra and aloe vera, which both give a lot of moisture to the skin and sooth and calm it. It smells really nice, takes a little bit longer to rub into the skin, but doesn't feel sticky and too heavy in warm weather.

Alverde Colour-Glanz Spülung (vegan)
As you might know, I cut and dyed my hair about two weeks ago and this is why I picked this conditioner up. It contains acai berries, pomegranate and helps to nourish and repair damaged hair, while saving the colour.

Alverde Nutri-Care-Shampoo (vegan)
I basically bought those two bottles of shampoo to bring on holiday with me. The almond and argan oils in it are perfect for treating damaged hair. I feel like this is great for a vacation as my hair is constantly in either salt or pool water and later in the sun, which isn't too beneficial.

Alverde Repair-Haarbutter (vegan)
So this is the third (and also last) hair product I picked up. It is an avocado and shea butter hair mask that you put into your dry hair, let it sink in for about 10-15 minutes and then wash your hair as you would normally. This one works so well and sometimes I even like to pack this on my hair when beeing on the beach or by the pool.

Alverde Aqua Waschgel (vegan)
This is a face wash containing seaweeds and suitable for combination skin. It cleanses the face perfectly and leaves it feeling really fresh and nourished. It also comes with a face peeling which I yet have to pick up and try out.

Alverde Fresh Deo Roll-On (vegan)
Usually I am a huge lover of aluminium containing deodorants, since I find they work so well. However, they are really bad for you, so I have been on the hunt for a long time now to find an aluminium free option that works just as well for me. This one might be the one, containing seaweeds, bamboo and aloe vera. It doesn't stain your shirts, smells amazing and stays on for a whole day.

Alverde Eyeshadow Palette in 37 Chocolate (vegan)
I am honestly so impressed with those eyeshadows and their quality. They are so pigmented and blend really easy. The lightes shade is perfect for highlighting, the second lightest colour is great as a neutral all over the lid shade and the other two add extra drama. 

Alverde Nothing But Volume Mascara (vegan)
I have to tell you the truth: I am not the biggest fan of this mascara. It is really watery and doesn't give a lot of volume, but I will have to see how it works out once it dried out a little bit more. For now, however, when I feel like a really natural lash day, this is perfect.

Alverde Concealer in 02 Porcelain (not vegan)
This is my least favourite from the bunch. It is quite hard to blend, which isn't too great, since I was originally planning on using it as an under eye concealer. However, if applied to spots, it does a great job in covering them. 

______________________________________________

Link to the Brand: Alverde

You Might Also Like

0 Comments