Bronze Summer Evening Makeup Look

Friday, July 08, 2016

Surprise surprise, I cut my hair! I went for a lot shorter than it was before and I also had a little ombre look put in. I didn't want to go completely overboard with the blond, since I will be on holiday soon and salt water, pool water and a lot of sun don't really benefit bleached hair. Maybe in October, I will go even lighter, but let's see. So far I am really liking it!

Today's post will be all about a quick and easy, bronze and glowing summer evening makeup look. I am going to talk you through my base, eyes and lips to show you how I achieved this look.

_________________________________________________

Base
I started out with spritzing Mac's Fix+ all over my face to make my foundation go on a lot smoother. As a second primer, to minimize pores and reduce shine, I applied the Catrice Prime and Fine Base on my T-zone. The foundation I chose for this look was Bourjois healthy mix serum in the shade 52 vanille. This has such a perfectly light, but still noticeable coverage for summer, which I really love. To hide the dark circles under my eyes, I used Rimmel's Wake Me Up concealer. I didn't really need any other concealer, as my skin is quite good lately and the few spots I have didn't really bother me all too much. To set everything in place, I dusted Bourjois healthy balance powder all over my face. 
As it is a quite bronze look I like to go for lately, I applied Soap & Glory's Solar Powder generously practically all over my face. I skipped Blush and went right to layering on highlighter. For this, I used Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess Illuminating Powder Gelee. To make everything look even better, I spritzed another layer of Mac Fix+ on my face.

Eyes and Brows
My brows have looked better before, I know, but this is because I am growing them out a little at the moment. To fill them in and darken them a little, I used Benefit's Gimme Brow. In order to create a bronze eyeshadow look, I applied Mac's Bronze all over the lid. To define the crease, I used Mac's Tempted and I highlighted my inner corners and brow bones with Zoeva's eyeshadow in Bitter Start. After finishing my eyeshadow, I went in with my Essence eyeliner pen which is waterproof and created a little thin line with a wing at the end. The mascara I used is Loreal's False Lash mascara.

Lips and Final Touches
The lipstick I wore with this look is Mac's Velvet Teddy. After everything was done, I used Urban Decay's All Nighter setting spray to lock the look in place, which is essential on a hot summer day / night.

_________________________________________________

Product Links

You Might Also Like

0 Comments