The Best and Worst Makeup Removers

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

I am always on the hunt for new makeup removers, as I have so many requirements for them to fulfill. I like them to be oil based. They have to take my makeup off thoroughly and without any effort. If they end up being beneficial for my skin as well, it is very welcomed. Over the years, I have tried many makeup removers, so here are some of my absolute favourites and also the worst one I have ever come across.
________________________________________

I'm starting with my absolute favourite one here. A couple of months ago, I heard a few Youtubers and Bloggers rave about this product and since I ran out of the makeup remover I was using at that time, I went out and bought this balm. I have never used a balm before, so I was quite curious how it would work out for me. It is just so easy to use, which I love about it. You only need the tiniest amount of product, warm it up a bit between your fingers and then apply it to your face, where it dissolves into this oil which will take off every last bit of makeup you are wearing. You don't have to rub a lot in order to get the mascara off, which is great. After washing it off, it also leaves my skin feeling so nice, nourished and clean. I absolutely love it.

Whenever I don't feel like going for a cleansing balm and rather use a cotton pad, I always go for this product. I am a huge sucker for all oil based makeup removers, as I find they do a better job with a lot less effort than other products which are not oily. This one gets off any waterproof makeup within seconds, without you having to rub your eyes like a crazy person with a cotton pad. Also, if I messed up while doing my makeup, or want to change my eyeshadow from day to night and still leave my foundation on, this is a great makeup remover to just use on very small parts of the face.

This product is oil free and thus only consists of one phase. It does a thorough job in removing all of the eye makeup, however, even with non waterproof mascara, it takes so much longer and can get quite drying on the skin. I also found that when using it every day as my main makeup remover, my eyes would get a little irritated. The one thing I love using this for, however, is as a mistake eraser in my makeup drawer, as it doesn't leave an oily residue and doesn't have to be washed off. It is perfect to correct that a little bit crooked eye liner or sharpen some edges with your eyeshadow. As a main makeup remover, though, I prefer others.

Nivea Eye Makeup Remover
I couldn't find this one on the boots website, or anywhere basically, for that matter, so I don't even know the proper English name of this product. There are other Nivea makeup removers I tried and really liked, this one, however, was an utter nightmare. It has the consistency of a facial moisturiser and also looks like a thick, white cream. I tried working this into my lashes with my fingers and a cotton pad, nothing worked, though. It didn't take anything off, irritated my eyes massively, smells funnily and is just all together a fail product. So if you do end up coming across this product in any store, run away fast and save yourselves!

________________________________________

Have you tried any of those makeup removers I just talked about? And what are your best and worst removers you have ever tried? I would really like to know.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments