Spring Favourites

Friday, June 03, 2016

The last Favourites Post I wrote was in February. Since then, I have been loving so many new (and also old) products that I just couldn't decide on four products to pick for a "Four Favourites for May" post. So let's call it my Spring Favourites.

_______________________________________________

Over the last couple of years, so many people have been talking about this foundation and how good it was. I, however, never came around to try it for myself. About two months ago, my younger brother went to Cambridge for 10 days and bought it for me as a surprise. I have been wearing it ever since. It gives the perfect amount of coverage for an everyday makeup look and lasts quite a long time. Even though my skin is on the oilier end of the spectrum, the healthy mix serum worked really well on my skin. It looked really dewy and fresh, without getting too oily or greasy. I wouldn't necessarily wear this on a night out, as I prefer a little bit more coverage and less shine for those looks, however, during the day, it quickly became a favourite of mine.

Along with the foundation, my brother also gave me really kindly this bronzer, as he knew how desperately I wanted to try it. So needless to say, I had quite high expectations for this little guy and I wasn't disappointed. I love that it has two different shades in the pan, even though they are really similar. One of them is matte and the other one shimmery. Swirled together, they leave my face with the most beautiful sheen. You could even use the matte side for contouring you cheeks. This bronzer is neither too orange nor too grey toned, which makes it just perfect, in my opinion. 

This product is one of my all time favourites to use in spring and summer. It is a mixture of a bronzer and a highlighter, which is something quite unique. I apply it with a fluffy brush just above my cheek bones and on my temples, down the bridge on my nose, on my cupid's bow and also a little bit on the centre of my forehead and chin. Basically, you could put it anywhere and it leaves you with a gorgeous and healthy looking shimmer, making it seem like you got a little bit of a fresh tan.

Since I even wrote an own post about this a little time ago (which I will link here for you), I am not going into much detail about this here again. Just let me tell you: If you are looking for the perfect peachy, coral pink blush for spring and summer, then look no further, this is the one for you.

This lipstick was the latest addition to my collection and also one of the best I ever made. I reached for this gorgeous pinky, purply shade almost every single day since buying it. It compliments my face really well, I feel. Just like with any other Mac lipstick, it wears like a dream and stays put for hours and hours. 

This is one of the most known and sold scents from Jo Malone, I am pretty sure. However, to be honest, the idea of wood sage and sea salt mixed together didn't really seem too appealing to me. Until I smelled it for the first time... I fell in love with it! This has become my statement scent over the last couple of weeks and I have gone through a lot of the product already, so I am sure I have to invest in the 100 ml bottle as soon as this one is empty.


_______________________________________________

What are your Spring Favourites? Have you tried any of the products I mentioned above? Let me know what you think of them!

You Might Also Like

0 Comments