Festival Makeup

Friday, June 10, 2016

June is always the beginning of the festival season, apart from Coachella, of course. And at the moment, I am at a festival myself. I have been so excited for this since, probably, Christmas, and I can't believe the day has finally come. So you know what happens if you give me something to look forward to and still months to wait for it to happen? I start planning out every single detail like a crazy person and this includes various makeup looks for the event. This one is my favourite one: it's quite simple and easy to do, and yet colourful and really fun, which is perfect for a festival.

____________________________________________

Base.
Usually I am someone who goes for a rather matte base, due to my oily skin. For the festival, however, I thought a dewy and really highlighted look was more appropriate. I still started out by using my Catrice Prime and Fine Pore Refining Anti-Shine Base primer, which I applied all over my face. For foundation, I chose the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum and buffed it in with my beauty blender. To cover up the dark circles under my eyes and counteract any redness elsewhere on my face, I love using Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind concealer. For any blemishes that don't won't do be covered up, I applied Estee Lauder's Double Wear concealer, which always does the job. To set the face, I used the Bourjois Healthy Balance powder.

Bronzer, Blush and Highlight.
I really bronzed up my face using Benefit's Hoola bronzer. Since it is matte, I applied Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess Illuminating Gel over the top to get a bit more shimmer. For blush, I mixed together Benefit's Coralista and Dandelion. And because I already used so many shimmery products, I don't need to use a highlighter anymore.

Eyes.
After using my Catrice eyeshadow primer, I applied took my Zoeva Cocoa Blend palette for a basic eye look. I swiped Sweeter End all over the lid as a shimmery nude base and defined the crease with Beans are White. To highlight the inner corner and brow bone, Bitter Start is one of my favourite eye shadows to do so. To add a little bit of a bright colour and some fun into the look, I used a blue eye shadow and lined my upper lash line with it. I really loved how it turned out and looked on me.

Finishing Touches.
One of my favourite, really long lasting, bright pink lipsticks is the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Pink Pong. When I say bright pink, I actually mean neon, so there aren't this many occasions to wear this beautiful shade, which is a shame, really. For a festival, however, it is perfect. If you want to get into a real Coachella vibe, you could use those really cool and popular gold tattoos, which I didn't do in this pictures, but definitely will do for the festival. I got mine from Essence.

____________________________________________

 Product Links: Catrice Prime and Fine Pore Refining Anti-Shine Base, Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum, Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind, Estee Lauder's Double Wear, Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder, Benefit Hoola, Benefit Coralista, Benefit Dandelion, Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Illuminating Gel, Catrice Eyebrow Stylist, Catrice Eyebrow Filler, Catrice Prime and Fine Eyeshadow Base, Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette, Benefit's They're Real, Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Pink Pong

You Might Also Like

0 Comments