Birthday Makeup

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday to meeee!

I can't believe another year has gone by. I remember those weeks feeling like ages when I waited to finally turn 16. I didn't even think I was going to make it as the "endless" wait was killing me. Well... Today I turned 19 and I don't even know where those past three years have gone. 

Birthdays are fabulous in all different kinds of ways. One of my favourite ones has to be the fact that I can wipe out all of my favourite makeup, slap it on and no one can judge me, because, well, it's my birthday. 

_____________________________________________

Base.
I recently bought this new primer by Catrice, which is the Prime and Fine Pore Refining Anti-Shine Base and I am really impressed by it. For foundation I chose an old time favourite of mine: Loreal True Match. For this day I want to wear a foundation I don't have to worry about coming off, or getting all greasy and oily, or just looking funny and flaking off. So this one is fool proof. Just like Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind concealer that I put underneath my eyes and to cancel out any redness on and around my nose. To cover up some small blemishes, I used Estee Lauder's Double Wear concealer. After that I set everything with my Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder.

Contour, Bronzer and Blush.
Next thing I did was contour my cheekbones with this Catrice Prime and Fine Professional Contour Palette. I really love this powder, because the shade is just the perfect grey toned brown you would want to contour with. After that, I loaded a fluffy brush up with the Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Illuminating Gel and put this around my face, on my cheekbones, temples, down the bridge of my nose and basically everywhere. Lastly, I applied Clinique's Cheek Pop in the shade 02 peach pop.

Eyes and Eyebrows.
If you have been around reading my blog for a bit, you will know how I like to do my eyebrows. As always, I used a brow pencil and brow gel by Catrice.
For eyeshadow, I really wanted to pop out my Mac quad again. I used Satin Taupe all over my lid and blended Mystery into the crease. To highlight my inner corners and also brow bones, I used Naked Lunch. Since I wanted to wear my favourite lipstick (more about that one later), I went a little bit easier and lighter on the eyes. So, I finished it off by coating my lashes with Benefit's They're Real mascara and left it there.

Final Touches.
I really wanted to wear my all time favourite lipstick on this day: Mac Diva. This is the most perfect, matte, dark red lipstick out there, in my opinion. 
To set the whole face, I used a couple of spritzes of Urban Decay's All Nighter setting spray, to make it stay all day and all night.

_____________________________________________

Product Links: Catrice Prime and Fine Pore Refining Anti-Shine Base, Loreal True Match, Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind, Estee Lauder's Double Wear, Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder, Catrice Prime and Fine Professional Contour Palette, Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Illuminating Gel, Clinique's Cheek Pop in the shade 02 peach pop, Catrice Eyebrow Stylist, Catrice Eyebrow Filler, Catrice Prime and Fine Eyeshadow Base, Mac Satin Taupe, Mac Naked Lush, Mac Mystery, Benefit's They're Real, Mac Diva, Urban Decay's All Nighter

You Might Also Like

0 Comments