A Great All Around Palette

Friday, June 17, 2016

Don't we just all love a good, all around and multi purpose palette? I certainly do! So needless to say, I was super excited when my best friend gave me this Clinique Exclusive Palette as a really generous birthday gift. She picked this one up for me this spring when she was in Barcelona as an exclusive, so I don't really know where you can buy it, but I will try my best to find it for you online, or at least the individual shades.
___________________________________ 

As you can see in the pictures, this palette consists of one blush, four eye shadows and two lip colours. It also has a really nice, big mirror which makes it perfect for travelling. The packaging in general is gorgeous. In my opinion, Clinique always nails their packaging, as it is so chic and simple and also really handy to bring on a holiday or even a night out, to touch up your makeup. It also came with a little blush brush, eye shadow brush and lip brush, which will be really useful for an on the go touch up. Just like with most high end brands, the little brushes they come with are really great quality.

I know, this name is quite a mouthful. I had to look twice and reassure myself that this is really what it is called, but oh well. In the pan, this shade looks like your typical everyday blush. However, when I swatched it, I was really surprised. It is actually a really dark plum with a little hint of red and some shimmer to it. In other words: I have no blush to compare this to, but it is gorgeous and I love it. As all Clinique blushes, it is really pigmented, easy to blend, long lasting and really flattering.

This is the lightest eye shadow in this palette. It reminds me a lot of Urban Decay's Strange, however, Blush is a little bit more of a champagne colour and less white, which makes it really flattering. I love using it as a highlight for my inner corners and brow bones.

I am really obsessed with this eye shadow. It is the second lightest shade of the palette and it is a beautiful neutral. It is a rose nude with a slight sheen to it. It is amazingly flattering all over the lid. The closest eye shadow I found in my collection is Urban Decay's Burnout from the Naked 3 Palette, except Nude Rose is a little darker, but only barely noticeable.

I am a huge fan of all bronze eye shadows, so needless to say, I absolutely fell in love with it. It is actually a perfect dupe for Subtle Blend from Zoeva's Cocoa Blend Palette.

5W Stormy
Unfortunately, I couldn't find this shade anywhere on the Clinique website. But, don't worry, I got you covered. It is a really beautiful, dark brown, almost black shadow, which is really close to Bark from the Sleek Au Naturel Palette. Basically, this shade is perfect for defining the crease, as it blends beautifully and is really easy to build up.

This is a really gorgeous lipstick, if you just want a hint of colour and nothing too dramatic. It is a gorgeous dark red shade which would fit almost anyone, in my opinion.

How gorgeous is this shade? It is a really pigmented, dark mauve, almost red lip colour, which is right up my ally. It lasts for ages, as the name would suggest, and it really comfortable to wear. It isn't matte, but it isn't shimmery either. It just has a really nice and flattering glow to it.

___________________________________

Are there any all around and multi purpose palettes out there you really like? Let me know!

You Might Also Like

0 Comments