7 Things to do this Summer

Monday, June 20, 2016

Tomorrow, Summer is officially here. Let me quickly pray for great weather, a lot of sunshine, amazing nights with friends, new memories to be made and, of course, lots and lots of ice cream. Summer is by far my favourite season of the year. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy going skiing in Winter, watching the flowers bloom in Spring or having one of those great strolls in Autumn. However, I have always been a lover of the sea and Summer is always the season I get to go there. For this year, I created my own little bucket list full of things I want to do.

______________________________________________________

1. Cut my Hair
It must have been over a year ago when I decided to chop my long hair off to about shoulder length. Since then, I let it grow out again and even though I like long hair on others, with me, I prefer shorter hair. So, calling my hairdresser for an appointment will be one of the first things I'll do in the weeks to come. If you want to know what look I got in mind especially, check out my Pinterest (this pin here in particular.)

2. Learn how to make Ice Cream
Who doesn't enjoy ice cream, especially in Summer? My favourite flavours are lemon, raspberry and green apple. Now wouldn't it be amazing if I could make it myself? I know that it isn't that difficult at all, yet I have never gotten around to try it. This has to change. And since I found some great recipes in this month's issues of the Veggie Journal, there is nothing else in my way.

3. Travel to Rome
Since I was a little girl, every year again my family and I travel to Italy once a year. It basically my second home, as I am half italian, and a year without visiting this beautiful country is simply not complete. This year, in fact, I am going twice, once in three weeks to Fano and once in September to Rome. I am so looking forward to this, as for the second trip, it will only be my best friend and I. Rome is a city I really love and I can't wait to go back this September.

4. Be more aware of my Health
I used to be the person who visits McDonalds three times a week, doesn't have proper times to eat, snacks all day on crisps and sweets, and likes to eat meat all day every day. I know that this is probably the furthest away I was from living a healthy lifestyle and that the occasional workout doesn't change that. Since some time now, I started eating more healthy. I began to cut out meat and dairy products from my diet and saw drastic improvements with my skin and health in general. I definitely want to keep this up, as I enjoy the benefits and also the hunt for new meals and foods I could cook myself.

5. Improve my Photography
As of lately, I am quite content with the pictures I took for the blog. However, one area of photography I need to improve is when shooting landscapes. I feel like this Summer, I have a lot of possibilities to get some practise in this special field. And of course, if you want me to, I will gladly share my progress with you over on the blog.

6. Have a Picnic
This is a real stereotype, isn't it? But it has been ages since the last real picnic I had. I really want to dedicate one day to planing the perfect picnic at a lake near by with my friends, eating delicious food, playing and listening to music, and making memories to always remember. 

7. Have a Movie Marathon
My best friend and I recently saw a couple of pictures on Instagram of some girls having a movie night out in the garden, with lots of pillows and blankets, snacks and drinks. I definitely want to do this, watching Harry Potter all night long (as my best friend has never seen any of the movies or read the books).

______________________________________________________

What things are on your bucket list for this Summer? Let me know, maybe I need to add some things!

You Might Also Like

0 Comments