The Double Foundation Trick for Oily Skin

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Two weeks ago, I was tagged the Beauty Lover Tag and one of the questions was "What is your top makeup tip?". Since I got quite a few requests to write an own and more detailed post about that tip, that is what I am going to do today.
As you probably know, if you are a steady reader of my blog, I have quite the oily skin, so finding a makeup routine which doesn't leave you looking like a total greaseball is really hard. Especially when going out in the evenings, when one doesn't have all the time in the world to keep reapplying powder every ten seconds, a shine proof base is essential. It was only a couple of weeks ago, when I, by total accident, discovered a trick that helped me solve that problem. I call it the "Double Foundation Trick".

First of all, before applying makeup, having a good cleanse of your face is really important. So after washing and moisturising it, I started out by using a primer that has worked for me in the past. Sometimes this primer can be Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer, on other days I prefer Benefit's Porefessional Primer

Now, coming to the essential part, I use, as you probably have already guessed, two different foundation on top of each other. The first time I tried this was actually more of an accident. I falsely grabbed Loreal's Eau De Teint liquid foundation instead of Loreal's True Match and applied a thin layer of the first one. Now, the Eau De Teint foundation doesn't really have the highest coverage, and I use it as more of a during the day base. However, since I was in quite a hurry that night, I prayed to the makeup gods, put a layer of the True Match Foundation over it and hoped it wouldn't look too cakey. After that, I continued with my usual makeup routine as I normally would and set everything with the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray. (If you want to see what eye makeup look I created that night, check out this post.)

And believe it or not, my face was neither greasy nor shiny all night. It got a little dewy after a couple of hours, but nothing compared to the disco ball look I usually end up with. I tried this trick a lot of times after that night, to see if it was something else, maybe the skincare, the primer, or just the setting spray, but nope. Every time I used this combo of foundations again, it had the same results. 

If you try and recreate this trick, please tell me how it went, because I would really love to know.
Are there any makeup hacks you came across that you really love?

You Might Also Like

0 Comments