Recent Lipstick Purchases

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

If you read a recent post of mine, where I talked about all of the beauty products that are on my current wish list, you might have noticed that there were quite a few lipstick wishes on there. At first, I actually planned on buying one at a time in order to save a little money and to have things to look forward to. However, when being ill for the last two weeks, I managed to keep my eyes open for a little longer than ten minutes and order a few more bits and bobs than I should have. Little spoiler: You might discover a theme with the colours I chose.

The order of the lipsticks in the second picture from the top to the bottom are Chanel, KIKO, Mac, Clinique. Mentioned Products linked below.

One of the best Christmas gifts I ever got was when my little brother got me a Chanel lipstick two years ago. It was such a gorgeous colour and had a really pretty finish to it. That lipstick quickly became a favourite of mine, and not only because of its sentimental value to me. Unfortunately, it was stolen. As I loved it so much, I decided to buy it again. And it was totally worth it. I really enjoy wearing it on casual days as it is this really sheer, browny nude colour. It also makes my lips feel really moisturised and the scent isn't overwhelming, in fact, I really like it.

I already have one of those in the shade 12 and since I enjoy wearing it a lot, I decided to try out another shade. The one I bought now is the perfect medium brown lip colour that doesn't make you look washed out or weird in any other way. It really compliments my natural lip colour and applies so creamy and soft. It doesn't have to longest staying power, however, it slowly wears off without leaving any marks and strange looking lines behind, so you don't have to worry about reapplying it, as it fades nicely. 

This is probably one of the most popular lipsticks by Mac. Such a gorgeous matte brown, which is perfect for both everyday and nights out. It makes one look so classy and well put together. Just like with all of Mac's lipsticks it wears beautifully and stays on for ages. The only thing that I didn't like about it is that after a little while, it feels quite drying on the lips. But I guess that just happens with a lot of matte lipsticks.

There has been a lot of hype about these relatively new lipsticks by Clinique lately. I was lucky enough to receive a few samples of different colours from their line. What stood out to me was that there are a couple of glittery shades while the other ones are not. The lighter shades made me look really pale and unhealthy, so I opted for a darker shade and ended up getting Cola Pop. I fell in love with this deep brown shade with a strong hint of red. The staying power is really nice and the formula makes it absolutely easy and comfortable to wear.

Have you tried any of these lipsticks before? Tell me you favourites and which ones I need to try out!

You Might Also Like

0 Comments