Blog Photography #1

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Recently, I got a lot of comments on my blog photography, which I am beyond grateful for. When taking a look at posts I wrote almost two years ago (don't, trust me), my photography wasn't any good at all. It was my mission to improve it ever since. Not that long ago, I really got into photography and I enjoy taking pictures not only for my blog, but just whenever and wherever I get the chance to do so. Also, lately, I am very happy myself with the pictures I published on my blog, so I thought I would share with you how I made them.

For a very long time, I used my iPhone 6 to shoot the pictures for this blog, as I didn't have an ideal blogging camera to use instead. And to be honest, I am really impressed with the quality of the pictures. Last Christmas, however, I was lucky enough to receive an Olympus Pen Lite E-PL 7 camera as a gift from my parents. This camera has been given a lot of love and attention lately in the blogging world, which I can absolutely understand. First of all, I adore the way it looks. This retro design in white is so adorable and a real fashion statement to wear. Technology-wise, it is just as amazing. For someone who is relatively new to photography, it is super easy to use. A really handy extra is the flip screen, so you can take the perfect selfie or vlog your day. And the quality of the pictures is stunning. What makes it perfect for blogging on the go is the fact that you can transfer your pictures wireless via an app to your mobile/computer.

Together with my camera, I also got the Olympus M.ZUIKO Digital 14 - 42 mm 1 : 3.5 - 5.6 EZ pancake lens. As I mentioned earlier, I am not a professional photographer, so I can't really go into full detail and describe every great thing of this lens. However, I have to say that I am really impressed by what this lens is able to do. You can get beautiful landscape shots on the one hand, and really impressive and fascinating macro shots on the other.

Mostly, I tend to work a lot with aperture and exposure while shooting the picture itself, so I don't really edit the picture massively afterwards. What I use, however, for a quick edit, is this app / site called VSCO. I really like the F2 filter, which I use with an saturation of about 5 - 7. Also, if I am not a hundred percent happy with the image yet, I tend to change the saturation and the aperture a little and maybe I go in again and sharpen the image a tiny bit more.


I hope you found this post a little interesting and that I could be of some help to you. I also really enjoy reading about other bloggers experiences with cameras and editing programmes, so leave me your links down below!

You Might Also Like

0 Comments