Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

There has been a lot of rave about this one palette in the last couple of months. Zoeva has brought out a lot of palettes, yet none of them became as popular as Cocoa Blend did. So naturally, I had to see what this hype was about. After putting it to the test and trying it out properly, I have to say all of this rave is justified. It hardly ever happens that I like every single shade from one single palette. But with this one, I really enjoy them all.

________________________________________

The first thing that surprised me was the quality of the shadows. They are really pigmented and opaque, not chalky at all, but really buttery. Every single shade applies beautifully and blends easily. The lasting power is also really great. Especially for this incredible price.

Even though I like all of these shades, I prefer some more than others. The ones I use the most are "sweeter end", which is a perfect neutral champagne shade for all over the lid, both "freshly toasted" and "beans are white" in the crease and "bitter start" as a inner corner and brow bone highlight. Also"pure ganache", which is a beautiful, gold shade, looks gorgeous when applied all over the lid. And paired with "subtle blend" it creates one of my all time favourite looks. Another look that I like, which is a little more daring and different, is the combination of "warm notes" and "delicate acidity". The latter is this great, taupe shade which really reminds me of By Terry Misty Rock or Mac Satin Taupe. 

The only thing that people weren't so happy about is the packaging. But to be honest, I really like it. Yes, it isn't exactly made of some fancy material, but it is still slick, classy and pretty looking. I think it is really handy and perfect to travel with. The thing I like the most about it is the magnetic closing. 

________________________________________

Have you tried this palette yet? What did you think of it? How did you like the shades and which ones are your favourite? And please let me know what you think of the packaging, I would love to know.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments