My Customised Mac Eye Shadow Palette

Wednesday, January 06, 2016

I have featured this palette, or actually quad to be honest, in a lot of posts recently, but I never went into detail with the four shades. Especially since I added the fourth and thus last shade only a couple of weeks ago, so fairly recently. These are actually the first Mac eye shadows that I have owned. I collected them over the course of 2015 and I really love them all. They are really raved about, and so I had high expectations, but they really lived up to them

Firstly, I have to say that I really like the packaging. I think the individual palettes that come in 2, 4 and 15 shadows I guess, are a genius idea and also so well made. It feels and looks really luxurious and is also perfect to travel with.

When putting this quad together I had a clear picture in mind of what it should be like. I wanted to create the perfect nude palette for me, so when I would go somewhere, I didn't have to bring a lot with me, but could just pack this Mac quad and be sorted for the journey. And to be honest, I am so happy with how it turned out to be. I absolutely love it. All of the shadows are perfectly pigmented and last all day.

Choosing the first colour was a no-brainer for me. I was going for the perfect base colour. It should be not too pink, and not too shimmery, so I chose Naked Lunch, as it is such a gorgeous champagne shade. I love to wear it as a base when creating a smokey eye, but also on it's own when I have one of those lazy days and want to create "a no make up" make up look. 

The colour in the right upper corner is actually the last shade that I added. It's really hard to describe this colour properly, but my best try would be a brown and champagne shade with a hint of purple and a settle shimmer to it. I absolutely adore it. Lately, I have been wearing it all on it's own and without any effort it creates a gorgeous, sophisticated look.

I think I don't have to explain a lot with this shadow, because it's basically everything the name would suggest it is. A stunning, bronze / copper shade. I am a huge fan of colours like this one so I knew I had to have at least one in my Mac quad. It is really great as a crease colour, or also over the lid, if you're creating a real dark smokey eye. 

This one is probably the least exciting shade of the quad, but it is just a simple, matte , brown and grayish shadow. It works as the perfect crease shade and I also enjoy using it as a really light liner when having not a lot of time to do my makeup or just can't be bothered. It is really easy to blend and builds up nicely when wanting this little bit of extra smokiness.

________________________________________

What Mac eye shadows do you like best and would recommend me to try out and fill up my next palette with? Let me know!

You Might Also Like

0 Comments