Catrice Christmas Collection 2015 | What to Buy?

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

To this point, I have featured quite a few Catrice products on this blog. Since they brought out a gorgeous looking holiday collection this year and I picked up quite a few bits and pieces from them, I thought I would talk about them a little and let you know what is a hit and what a miss. Some of the products I tried out over the last couple of weeks I loved, others, however, I couldn't really get to work. And even though Catrice is a really budget friendly drugstore brand, I find that even spending two euros on an item that does a horrible job is a waste. So let me tell you what I would pick up again and what I will leave in the shop the next time. 

I picked up two of their holiday collection lipsticks, one in the shade C01 Jewel Daze and the other one in the shade C03 Treasured Twinkles. It won't come as a surprise to you, but I love red lipsticks. This is why I couldn't resist buying another one, but let me tell you, I really like it. Once you get passed the typical "cheap lipstick scent", of course. It has a really glossy finish, which I quite like and the colour is somewhat different than others I own. The red isn't a pure red, but there is a little bit of a brownish hint to it which I personally really enjoy. And its lasting power also isn't that bad. The other shade I picked up, the nude one, however, it just didn´t work at all. When I swatched it in the store it looked really beautiful, but as soon as I got home and put it on my lips I legitimately hated it. It applied blotchy and the colour looked really weird on me. Almost orangy, one hundred percent unflattering. So even if you are tempted by the colour and its ridiculously pretty, golden packaging, don't buy it. It is an absolute miss for me. 

Another thing that I tried is the blush in the shade C01 Caviar and Champagne. This is such a beautiful product, let me tell you. It is this deep red colour with gold glitter which I absolutely love for the winter time. This blush is also really pigmented, blends beautifully and stays on your cheeks for the whole day. Further more, can we just appreciate the little stars on top of the product? So festive! 

I really love wearing gold nail polish at this time of the year, so I don't have to tell you how excited I was when I discovered that they brought out one for their holiday collection (in the shade C02 Golden Grace). It has great coverage and pigmentation and it also stays a pretty long on your nails without chipping or fading. This wasn't the only reason I bought it, to be totally honest here. I fell in love with the design of the bottle (I feel like I am only rambling about packaging in this post). But have you ever seen a nail polish like this? Nope, me neither, and let me tell you, I never applied nail varnish this easily and comfortably. 

The last thing I picked up was a foundation. I am a huge fan of Catrice BB creams, but since they discontinued my favourite one a couple of months ago (such a shame, really), I wanted to go and try one of their foundations. As I said in the introduction, Catrice is a really affordable brand, so it would be perfect if there was a budget friendly foundation that works, right? I have to tell you, however, that this didn't convince me completely. I liked it, the coverage was ok, its lasting power average and the colour was a good match. A common foundation. So if you are in need of a foundation and you don't have any money left, or quickly need to grab one on holiday, because you left yours at home, go for it I'd say. However, it isn't the most outstanding one either. 

Which Catrice products have you tried before and how did you like them? Are there any recommendations for what I should really try next? Let me know!

You Might Also Like

0 Comments