Four Favourites For November | Eye Shadows

Friday, November 27, 2015

For this month's favourites I thought about doing something a little different. Instead of rambling on about the biggest selection of completely unrelated things, this time I am focusing on just one group of things and telling you what I have been loving for the past month out of this category (and I am going to call it "Four Favourites For ... " as you probably would have guessed by the title). For November, I am going talk about eye shadows.

The one eye shadow I have been wearing almost every day is one that I added quite recently to my collection. It is the By Terry Ombre Blackstar cream eye shadow pen in the shade Misty Rock. I know so many beauty bloggers, youtubers and also just makeup lovers who have been obsessed with this one product. For a reason, I might add. This eye shadow stick is incredible. It applies so easily and blends even better. Also the pigmentation and colour pay off is incredible. I really enjoy wearing this shimmery taupe, brown, (almost with a hint of purple to it) colour all over the lid. I usually would  apply it messily, blend the edges and be done. However, all blended out, it would also make a great base colour for other shadows or also perfect for adding a hint of shimmer to the top.

When buying the By Terry eye shadow, I also picked up a Mac palette with three eye shadows. The shades I chose are Naked Lunch, Bronze and Mystery. It is not very hard to see what kind of palette I wanted to start creating, I guess. As you probably all know, I am a huge lover of all nude and neutral eye shadows and thus I was going for a real basic every day kind of palette. I love the shade Naked Lunch all over the lid. It leaves you with just the perfect something and when being in a hurry or having a lazy day, this would be all you need. When feeling a little more glam, I dare say, I also like to apply Bronze in the crease. This shade is hands down my favourite of the three. It makes such a stunning crease colour, but when going for a smokier look, you could also use it all over the lid. And finally, what would a neutral palette be without the perfect, matte, brown shade in it? To take over this role, I chose Mystery and I have to say, I am very happy with that choice.

As Winter is approaching, I am a fan of the really popular "golden goddess" eye makeup look. On days where I feel like a creating this look, I always go for my Loreal Lumiere eye shadow in the shade 500 Gold Mania. This shadow is really pigmented and for me the perfect gold shade. It is neither too orange nor too yellow nor anything else I want in my gold eye shadow. It is just pure gold. But be warned, there will be a little bit of fall out with this one, so make sure to apply your eye makeup before you do your foundation and concealer!

Last but not least (I feel like I am saying this in every post I write and probably I am), I have to mention one of my all time favourite cream eye shadows. It is the Estèe Lauder cream eye shadow in the shade 03 Pink Zinc. I you have been around my blog for quite some time you will remember this product. I just think this is the perfect eye shadow base for any look you want to achieve, but it also looks beautiful on its own. As the name would suggest it is a rosy champagne colour that would suit so many people, if you ask me. 

Have you tried any of these products before? If yes, what did you think of them? And also, what are your November Favourites? I would love to know, so tell me down below in the comments!

You Might Also Like

0 Comments