Benefit Real Cheeky Party | Christmas Gift Set

Sunday, November 22, 2015



To be honest, I actually wanted to start talking about possible Christmas gifts and Christmas beauty sets at the beginning of December. But, oh well, this set is just too exciting to not show you all! Last year Benefit came out with a Christmas gift set that was just about all of their blushes and bronzers. Unfortunately I didn't get my hands on it in time. So when they announced they would bring out a cheek palette gift set this year as well, I couldn't resist and I headed out early enough to get it.  It is called the Real Cheeky Party blushing beauty kit and I bought it for € 46. It's original retail value is around £ 169 if I am not massively mistaken, so it was a great set to buy. For most of the blushes and also the bronzer in the set, there is only 1g to 2g difference to the full size and I think this is amazing!

The set holds four blushes, one bronzer, one highlighter, a they're real mascara and push-up liner. All of those are deluxe sample sizes and when I say deluxe, I mean there is an amazing amount of product in there! If I am honest with you, I have to say I bought this kit only because of the blushes and the bronzer, because I wanted to try them all for so long and this was the perfect opportunity to do so. 

The blushes included are Dandelion, Coralista, Rockateur and Sugarbomb. After trying them all I have to say I can't even decide which one is my favourite. I really like Coralista, because it is, as the name would already suggest, a coral blush shade which I didn't own before. It gives you such a perfect hint of colour and natural glow to your cheeks. I also really enjoy wearing Rockateur which is a darker, almost brownish and wine colour with a gorgeous shimmer to it. The perfect colour for autumn and winter, but also for a night out, if you ask me! Dandelion is a light pink, which I was a little sceptical of at first, because I thought it would be too light for me, but I have to say I am obsessed with it now. It looks so natural on the cheeks and gives you that healthy flush. Lastly, I have to say, I like Sugarbomb, but I definitely like the others more. It is really similar to Coralista, if you ask me, but it is just a bit more shimmery and glittery. A great product for blush and highlight in one.

I was really excited about trying Benefit's Hoola bronzer, as I heard so many good things about it. Since I got this set, there hasn't been a day where I haven't used it since. It is not too gray but also not too orange, and thus the perfect colour for both contouring and bronzing up your complexion. It is also very easy to use and perfect to blend. Probably my favourite from the whole palette, and this means a lot! And let me tell you about the highlighter! Whatt's up! is amazing. It has the perfect amount and also colour for a shimmer in it. It is neither to gold nor too silver for me and also very easy to blend and wear. 

I already own the push-up liner, and as you guys know, if you read my review on it, I was not massively impressed with it. But I haven't opened this one yet, so maybe it will be better and change my mind about it. Concerning the they're real mascara: I haven't opened this one yet to try it out, as I want to use up my current mascara to avoid the new one to dry out before I could even try it properly. So I will keep you updated on that!

Have you tried any of these products before? Let me know what you think of them and also if there are any other great holiday gift sets I have to try!

You Might Also Like

0 Comments