Let's Talk Books | Harry Potter

Saturday, October 17, 2015


Lately I have been back to reading a lot and I really enjoy it. I used to read many books, but over the last couple of months I just didn't have any time to sit down and start reading a book, which is something I really regretted. So I made it my goal to find this time again, and I did. And since I really enjoy it, I thought I could also work it into my blog under the name of "Let's Talk Books". Let me know what you think of this in the comments down below and tell me if you want me to wright about books or not. I'd be happy to know.
(I am not going to spoiler anything for those of you who didn't read it but want to, so don't worry.)

One book, ar actually one series of books, I always seem to come back to is Harry Potter. No, don't worry, I have read them already (three times to be totally honest), but I still enjoy them as much, if not even more, as the first time. J. K. Rowling's magical world of witches and wizards has always fascinated me and I can't help myself but wishing that it was actually true. But who knows, right? Maybe it is.

It is stunning, every time again, to see how well planned and connected to whole story actually is. I loved the fact that you could read about one thing in book one (just for example) and then in book seven you actually get the explanation and think: Ooh, that's why! But not only dates fit perfectly, I mean you could recalculate anything, also the personal history of each and every character. You won't find any detail, be it as small as possible, that doesn't go with the rest. And even though the whole series is about magic, there is still a logic behind it all and this makes it so incredibly great to read.

I can be a real emotional person, not going to lie, and there have been certain moments where I actually sat there with the book in my hand, crying over some character, or decision or memory. One of my absolute favourite moments (or actually one of the most emotional ones) was in the seventh book in Dumbledore's office ("After all this time?" - "Always"). God, I can still cry about it now! And this is also why it makes Severus Snape probably my favourite character of all. Other characters that I really liked were Draco Malfoy (I know, weird, right?), Albus Dumbledore and Minerva McGonnagal. 

What are your favourite characters and / or moments from the book series? I would love to know!


You Might Also Like

0 Comments