New in Beauty: Autumn | Haul and Review

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

It's happened again. I obviously can't go into a store to simply buy some new pens, without paying the makeup section a little visit. Recently I saw a few bits and bobs in the stores that I haven't seen before (Austria is always really late with releasing new products, so annoying). So, naturally, I had to grab some. I asked you guys on twitter if you wanted to see what I bought, and since a few of you did, I decided to type up this post for you. I bought those items a little over a week ago, just so I could try them out properly and give you a little review on them right away. These are mainly the makeup bits that I picked up, but there will be an update on all the Lush and home stuff I got aswell, so keep your eyes peeled for that.

Lately, so many people have been raving about Clinique's Cheek Pop Blushes. I really wanted to try them, so I asked the lovely lady at the Clinique counter if she had them, but to my disappointment, Austria is late to the bandwagon, as always. I was told that these blushes would probably launch sometime in 2016. Great. Nevertheless, I looked through Clinique's other blushes and fell in love with a couple of them. I ended up picking up the one in the shade 115 smoldering plum, which is a gorgeous deep, brown purple colour with a hint of shimmer in it. The ideal autumnal colour. I have been using this blush ever since I bought, as it gives the cheeks such a healthy glow. Random detail that I loved: the sleek packaging with its big mirror and great brush inside!

Another item that has been a lot on the internet lately is Maybelline's Master Sculpt. I think the contouring powder is great, but I am obsessed with the highlighter in this duo. This leaves you with such a settle shimmer, yet perfect highlight and dewy finish. I love it! Even though I am a huge fan of the mirror and the brush of Clinique's blushes, I don't really like them with Maybelline, as it makes the whole packaging really bulky and the brush isn't that good either.

The last product I picked up is this eyeshadow palette from Essence. It is one of their Happy Girls Are Pretty palettes in the shade 02 Happiness is ... Following Your Heart. I absolutely love the packaging of this. And the fact that it has "Knit" written all over the eye shadows is just too adorable. The texture and colour pay off from this palette is really great. Also, it has a perfect selection of shades in it. A light taupe base colour (the middle one), a warm medium and dark brown for the crease, a bright, shimmering one and a matte cream, almost white to highlight. A really great palette to bring somewhere as you got all the shades you will need for both a bright daytime look and a smokey night time look. 


Have you tried any of these products before? What are your thoughts on them?


You Might Also Like

0 Comments