They're Real! Push Up Liner | Benefit

Saturday, September 26, 2015



When I was in Vienna, which was about two weeks ago, I finally convinced myself to buy Benefit's They're Real! Push Up Liner in black. Since everyone was talking about it and Benefit has also brought out its new coloured range of liners, I thought it was finally time to try it out. 

To be honest, I had high expectations concerning this eyeliner as I really enjoy most Benefit products that I have tried so far. Yet with this one, I am not quite so sure. I mean I knew it was a gel eyeliner and not a normal liquid liner, so it wouldn't go on as smooth and as black as I was used to, but still, I struggled a lot. First of all, and maybe this is just me, but I really struggled to get the right amount of product out. I know. How difficult can it be to turn the end of the pencil until the product comes to the tip? Very, I tell you. Because at first it looks like nothing comes out at all, and then, all of a sudden, there is way too much gel at the tip of the pencil. And when I tried to draw a line, everything crumbled off the tip, because it is a gel after all, and I was left with nothing again. I really felt like I was wasting a lot of product since it took me about four times to get it right. 

When I did and I could finally start drawing a thin line on my upper lash line, I have to say it wasn't that bad. You get a lot of precision with that very special tip and that cat flick was always on point. However, about five seconds later, there wasn't any product left on the tip so I had to turn the back of the pencil again and the whole struggle started all over. One more positive thing I can say about the Push Up Liner is its lasting power. It seriously stays on for the whole day and getting it off in the evening can even pose a little problem at times. 

All together I have to say this is definitely not my favourite Benefit product. Maybe I just have to work with it a little bit longer to finally master the art of using it right. I will keep you updated and that.

Have you tried the Benefit Push Up Liners yet? What do you think of them?

You Might Also Like

0 Comments