Favourite Gold and Copper Eye Products | Eye Shadow

Friday, August 14, 2015

Lately, there has been this huge trend on the Internet where everyone loves to wear a golden/coppery eye makeup. Me included. I really enjoy this slightly more glamorous makeup look, so I thought I would share my favourite products to create it with.

As a base I apply the Longlasting Cream Eyeshadow from Catrice in the shade 080 Copper Cabbana. This, as the name would already suggest, stays on perfectly for ages. For me, this is the perfect colour mixture between gold and bronze. So when using it as a base colour it doesn't matter if you apply a gold or bronze shadow next, as both will fit with it. But I also love to wear this shade on its own, if I'm in a hurry and don't have time to go all out with my makeup. Great for these situations as well.

Following the base, I apply Loreal's Colour Riche eye shadow in 500 Gold Mania all over the lid. Combined with the Catrice cream eye shadow, it creates a beautiful golden and coppery shimmer. I have been looking for the perfect gold shadow for a long time and I am pretty sure I found it with this one, as both texture and pigmentation are amazing. 

To define my eyes on the outer corners, I use two to three shades from my Bobbi Brown Warm Glow Eye Palette. I apply the shade Bonfire first, as it is the lighter colour and follow up with Velvet Bronze, which is a metallic eye shadow. If I feel extra fancy, I will also use Rich Caviar to draw a fine line and make my lashes look fuller and thicker. 

Last, and this is neither a bronze, copper, or golden colour, I use Urban Decay's eye shadow in Strange on my inner corners to make them pop. 

Have you tried any of these products? How do you like them? And what are your favourite gold and copper/bronze eye shadows?

You Might Also Like

1 Comments