Three Best Budget Concealers | Drugstore Makeup

Thursday, August 20, 2015



Since I have been in Italy on holiday for three weeks, meaning three weeks without wearing any kind of foundation at all, my skin has improved massively: only really few breakouts and barely any dry/oily spots. Now, after almost three weeks of working as a paralegal, dark spots have returned to my under eye areas and also a few little spots have shown up. Still, I wanted to try to continue wearing as little foundation as possible, so concealer has been my new (and old) best friend. And this is my three most favourite, budget friendly, drugstore concealers.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind
I have to admit that I have been really hesitant to buy this one at first. I was sceptical that because of the little sponge applicator, it would be impossible to use up all of the product or even to apply any of it. But I couldn't have been even more wrong about that, could I? This concealer applies amazingly under the eyes. Not too little and not too much. Also it's shade (I'm wearing 01 light) is beautiful. Perfect to highlight under the eyes and cover dark circles at the same time. I also really like the way it feels on the skin. Even though it has great coverage, it doesn't feel or weight heavy on the skin. And it does and amazing job that lasts all day long. 

Rimmel Wake Me Up
This one is also a magical product to make the dark circles under your eyes vanish. I love the way it applies on the skin and again, it doesn't sit heavy on it. Also, it doesn't crease easily. Nothing is worse than putting concealer under your eyes and it creases in less than a minute. Not a stunning look, to be honest. But I never had that problem with the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer. I also like the way it smells, is that a weird thing to say about a concealer? The only thing that makes me choose the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind over this one, is the little amount of glitter that the Rimmel one contains. Sure, I love some good radiance, but I definitely don't love glittery under eyes. Be it as settle as it is...

Maybelline Fit Me

Since I have been talking a lot about concealers for under the eyes, it is time to mention my favourite all-around concealer. Whenever a spot shows up, this concealer covers it perfectly. Also, as I told you earlier, I try to avoid wearing a lot of foundation, so I like to apply a little bit of this on the bridge of my nose, my forehead and chin on a daily basis to take any redness away. And it also lasts all day. The only disadvantage that I can see is the packaging. Don't getme wrong, I like the slick and classy look of it, but it is practically impossible to get everything out of it and use the whole product up. Nevertheless, lovely product!

What are your favourite drugstore concealers?


You Might Also Like

3 Comments