Nude Nails | Essie Polishes

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Even though spring has arrived and summer is about to come, which actually should be the time for bringing out brighter colours, I have been going back to all nude and natural nail looks. I don't know why, but the simplicity and the classy look of the colours just sucked me in. And I honestly don't think I have ever been more addicted to nude nail colours than I am right now. I have been choosing from all colours between a straight white to a dark brown and there hasn't been a day for a long while, where there has been something more colourful on my nails. I tried so many new nail varnishes, my three favourites, however, are all from Essie.

My obsession with white nail polishes isn't entirely new, to be fair. But since I used my last one up, I definitely needed a new one and I chose to try Essie's "blanc". Essie nail polishes in general are just fantastic. I love the applicators and how easy they make it to put the colour on. They also dry really fast and it doesn't take a lot of coats to achieve the perfect colour. With "blanc", even one coat would be enough, if you were in a hurry. I usually tend to apply two to three coats maximum. It is a gorgeous, strong white, that is not too pearly but also not to harsh either. It makes the nails really pop and lasts for a minimum of five days.

The next colour, I bought because Lilly Pebbles inspired me to do so. She used to wear a lot of those dark browns with a little hint of grey in them. I loved that look, so I went out to see if I could find something similar. I ended up buying Essie's "master plan" and I just love it. It is not too dark and a perfect shade for a classy, nude nail look. I used to apply one to two layers of this polish and it lasted me even longer than "blanc". I really enjoy this colour as it is perfect for both every day and evenings out.

The last nail varnish I got is in the shade "sand tropez". I won't have to tell you, but I love that name! One of the reasons why I bought it. It is a colour that is just in between "blanc" and "master plan" and probably my favourite out of the three. I think it is quite hard to find a nude nail polish in that kind of shade, which doesn't make the nails look really weird and unhealthy. But this varnish has such a gorgeous finish and it leaves you with such an elegant and classy look! 

What are your favourite nail polishes at the moment?

You Might Also Like

5 Comments