Bringing out Brighter Lips

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

One thing I love about spring, is that you can get away with wearing brighter lip colours again. And I am all for that! I have so many bright lipsticks and glosses and chubby sticks and whatever else one could imagine. Thus, I am so excited to bring them out again and start to wear them for spring.

One of my all time favourite chubby sticks is one by Catrice. It is a really lovely, hot pink colour. I would tell you which shade it was exactly, however, it has been so well loved that hardly any writing on the pack remained. It isn't a "full coverage" lip colour (as far as one can say that for a lip colour, but you get what I mean), it has more of a glossy and sheer finish to it, which makes it extremely easy and also comfortable to wear. 

Another favourite of mine is the Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick in the shade 910 Shocking Coral. I got this one last summer for a holiday and ever since I loved it. I wore it so many times (as you can probably tell from the picture). I really enjoy that you can either apply just very little of this to give your lips a tiny bit of colour, or you just layer it up, go all out and wear it as a really bright lipstick. And another bonus point about it is that it doesn't dry the lips out, which makes it perfect for an every day lipstick.

 The last favourite bright lip colour I own is a liquid lipstick/lip gloss by Bourjois and their Rouge Velvet Matte Finish Edition in the shade 06 Pink Pong (which is such a cute name by the way). This is seriously hot pink lip colour, so you have to be a little cautious about when you are wearing this. The fact that it is matte, however, makes it less of an effort to wear, as it is truly long lasting and you don't have to worry about it wearing off or smudging. The only problem with the matt finish is, that this lip colour  actually really drys the lips out. And I don't really enjoy the smell of it, but once you got it on, you don't notice it anymore.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments