New Beauty Launch: Catrice ROCK-O-CO Edition

Wednesday, February 11, 2015


Finally! Catrice, one of my all time favourite make-up line from the drugstore, brought out their new edition. It is called the ROCK-O-CO. I really looked forward to this one as I am a huge lover of cute packaging. And just look at it! This is a truly amazing design.

I picked up the Matt Nail Lacquer in the shade C02-Lilas Bleus. It is an amazing frosty, blue colour with a little shimmer to it. At first I thought, how can a shimmery nail polish be matt? But it works fantastically. It has a truly matt finish and it looks stunningly on the nails. I think this might be the perfect colour for both winter and summer as, on the one hand, it is a real cool tone but it is also a really cute blue and fresh tone for summer. The only thing I don't like about it is the applicator. The round ball at the top looks really cute, however, it makes it quite hard to apply the nail polish. Furthermore, the brush is really different to the normal Catrice nail polish applicators, that are "nail-shaped". This one was just a basic round brush that I don't find that easy to work with.

I also picked up one of their new powder blushes in the shade C01-Macarons pour Marie. The colour of this one sucked me right in and i couldn't leave it in the store. When I first swatched it at home I was a little disappointed. It had a really pale, nearly white colour, almost like an inner-corner eye shadow. I then tried to apply it to my cheeks and it looked surprisingly good. It didn't look like I accidentely used highlighter as a blush, but it was a really nice, rosy and comforting colour. But the only thing that I don't really like about it is that it has a lot of fall out due to the very cute pattern in the middle. Still: a very well made edition.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments