Cutting My Hair Short And Styling It

Wednesday, February 18, 2015


I had my hair long now for pretty much three or four years and now I got bored of it. Don't get me wrong, I really love long hair, but when you have the same hairstyle for almost four years it isn't that exciting, is it? I had thought about cutting it for quite a while now, but I never had the courage to do it. Now, finally, one week ago, I made an appointment at the hairdresser's and got it done. I decided to cut of nearly half of it and I absolutely love it. Sure, there are some days where I miss my long hair, but overall I am obsessed with the new style and don't regret my decision a single bit. 



With new hair, there come new possibilities to style it. This is always the most exciting part of all: figuring out what to do with it and how to change and spice it up every single day. I got myself a new curling wand for short to medium hair (from Babyliss). I love this new trend of the "beachy waved hairstyles", so here is how I do it:



First, I obviously wash my hair and blow-dry it afterwards. And if you are asking yourself why I look all crazy with my hair being like a lions mane, that's because I have natural curly hair and there is just such a volume to it that it. That's why I look like from the "Lion King". Next I section my hair and grab my curling wand (don't forget the heat protectant spray!). The heat is about 180° to 200°, as my hair is quite thick and stubborn. To curl my hair, I start at the bottom (I also make a bun with the upper part of my hair) and take small to medium sized sections. I leave every piece about 10 to 12 seconds on the wand and then release it. After curling every section of my hair like that, I comb through it with my fingers and put some hair spray in. Then, I go to bed.

In the morning I then wake up with really natural and beachy looking waves. If I feel like it, I also brush through them with a tangle teaser (or my fingers again) and secure it again with a little hair spray. Next, I'm good to go.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments