Makeup Brushes: My Collection, Storage and Top 3 Favs

Friday, December 19, 2014

Hello Guys!
 
I know it’s been really long since I last wrote something for you but I have basically been ill for the last two weeks. I am still not feeling really well but nevertheless I wanted to come back to you and go on with the Blog.

As you probably already have seen in the headline, today’s post is going to be about my Makeup Brush Collection. I want to show you what brushes I have got and use, how I store them and also tell you about my three favourites.


Starting with the Storage:
I “store” my brushes on my desk in my room. To keep them organised, I took a glass vase, filled it up with sand and put most of my brushed in there. My real techniques Brushes came with an own case to keep them in so I just put them next to the others. And, as seen in the picture, I like to have my Powder Brush and my Beauty Blender just in front of the two brush sets.
That is what’s worked out best for me over the last time as it is easy to do, everything is visible but it is still organised.


Going on to what brushes I actually have:
Starting with my Real Techniques Brushes that I have got this Summer while I was in Oxford (from left to right): Blush Brush, Contouring Brush, Pointed Foundation Brush (but I rather like to use it for blending the concealer for the under eye circles), Detailer Brush and Buffing Brush. (This is the Core Collection Set by the way)


Next I’ll show you all if my eye shadow and eyeliner brushes that I currently use (again from left to right): IQ cream eye shadow brush, Ebelin eye shadow brush, Ebelin blending brush, angled brush by Müller, Douglas eye shadow brush, Maybelline eyeliner brush, Look by BIPA lip brush (although I use it for brows or lining the eyes with a shadow), Essence blending/crease brush, Manhattan eyeliner brush.


Last are my face brushes (l to r): Artdeco Powder brush (but I also really like it with bronzer or highlighter), Douglas foundation brush, Alicia da Silva lip brush, KIKO buffing brush (but I don’t really like this one except with my L’Oreal eau de teint foundation), Look by BIPA Kabuki brush (my favourite brush for powder), IQ angled blush brush (you can also use this as contour brush).


So, here are my Top 3 Favourite Brushes from my collection:
1) This is really easy! It clearly is my Buffing Brush from Real Techniques. I love this brush, it just blends in any foundation and concealer perfectly and it also is so easy to use.

2) My Ebelin blending brush. This is truly amazing. It blends any eye shadow in the crease and will give you a totally natural finish.

3) The Real Techniques Blush Brush. I love the way this brush applies blush on the cheeks and gives them colour and lets them look alive without looking to red or weird.


Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this and see you very soon.

Love,
Sophie
 

You Might Also Like

0 Comments