A Letter To Myself

Sunday, December 21, 2014

There are only 10 day left in 2014 and I literally can’t believe it. How did this year go by so fast? To me it feels like summer ended yesterday but then, two days after tomorrow, it’s Christmas day. Like Whaat?!

So whilst grieving over 2014 coming to an end, I thought about what I wanted to keep and change for the New Year. I sat down, collected a few ideas and suddenly ended up writing a whole letter to myself for 2015.
I wrote about things I wanted to do, things I shouldn’t ever do again and also things that would motivate me when I would be having a bit of a “down-day”.
It came out to be my New Year Resolutions 2015 as a whole letter, and I found it so inspiring to read through afterwards, that I ended up printing it out, framing it and putting it up in my room to read every time I needed to.


If you guys also want to do that and get yourself a nice motivated start into 2015, here’s the letter I wrote:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2015
NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS

Keep a Journal.
Write down your thoughts, memories and plans. Collect everything now and don’t miss it later on.

Spend less Time on the Internet.
Watch less series (or at least don’t watch 1 season per day), check Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest less often, don’t watch YouTube while doing your homework or studying and just shut your computer a couple more time a day to join your family and friends in whatever they are doing. Socialize!

Get Healthy.
Do Sports, go for walks and eat healthier. Watch out for your body and listen to it. Don’t exhaust yourself and don’t do anything that is bad for you. Treat yourself good; you deserve it. Take time for yourself and relax and don’t feel bad about being selfish in that little way.

Stay Focused.
Basically everything said: Stay focused! Stay focused on all those things you need and want to accomplish this year, just as vwa, school, finals, Sophienderella, your holiday and university. Chase your Dreams and don’t stop until you reached them! Don’t get distracted by what seems to be easier and don’t let yourself get fooled and tricked into the wrong direction. Even if you have to work hard, and you will, don’t lose your driving powers, it will be worth it in the end, trust me!

And last but certainly not least:
Have FUN!
Enjoy everything that life has to offer. Carpe Diem! Don’t worry about the future or the past; make the best of everyday and everything will be fine. Don’t regret anything and don’t hesitate to try something new. Don’t let yourself be lead by others and their worries, don’t let yourself get stressed out and don’t panic, everything will be good. Look out for yourself and take good care. Enjoy this year of 2015, as it will be full of new experiences. So don’t miss out any of them! Go and make memories and just have fun doing so.

You want 2015 to be a good year?
Make it the best you’ve ever had!
            Love,  
 The 2014 You

 _________________________________________________________________________________


I hope you found some inspiration and motivation to try out something new for 2015.

Love,
Sophie

You Might Also Like

0 Comments