Winter Makeup Routine ♥

Sunday, November 30, 2014


Hello my Lovelies!

 
For today’s blog post I am going to show you my Winter Makeup Routine.
So let’s get started:


The Base
The first thing I do after washing my face and applying some moisturizer is using a Primer. I like using Benefit’s Porefessional and I apply it on my forehead, chin and nose.
After that I take my L’Oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint foundation in the shade pure ivory, give it a good shake and pat it on my face. I use my Real Techniques Buffing brush to blend it in.
Next I apply the Rimmel Wake me Up Concealer under my eyes and the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer to cover up any blemishes. If they decide to stay red and uncovered instead, I go over it with my Catrice Camouflage Cream and this usually does the job.
For Powder I like to use Rimmel’s Stay Matte Powder. I buff it all over my face to set my foundation and concealer.

The Contouring
For contouring I like using my Sleek bronzer from the Face Form Palette (I did a review on it earlier this year) and my highlighter also from the same palette. For blush I love my Bourjois Blush in 54 Rose Frisson.

Some Brows
I like doing my brows before doing my eyes. So what I use is the Catrice Brow Pencil in a dark brown colour and I simply fill in my brows and blend it out white the other side of the pencil.
(For a picture look down below at Liners and Lashes)

Eye Shadow
Next Step: eyes and brows! In Winter I really enjoy wearing a shimmery and glittery golden smoky eye. Therefore I first apply second lightest golden shade of my Maybelline Diamond Glow Palette all over my lid as a base. After this I use the next darker colour in my crease to give it some depth and after that I put a little bit of the darkest colour on the outer corners of my eyes for some little more definition. I also put this colour on my lower lash line so the eye makeup looks more put together. On the inner corners of my eyes I use the colour Strange from my Naked 3 Palette (you can also put this on your browbone, as it isn’t a shimmery shade and it highlights it nicely).  Lastly I pat a little bit of the lightest shimmery colour of the Maybelline Palette on the centre od my lid to make it shimmer even more.

Liners and Lashes
Next I line my upper lash line with my Maxfactor (I think it is the same as Cover girl in the U.S., but I could be wrong here) eyeliner in a brown colour and smudge it out a little with a brush. After that I line my inner waterline with a black waterproof colour. (The one I use is by Look by BIPA, but this is an Austrian brand.)
Now it’s time to curl my lashes and apply two coats of my all time favourite mascara: The Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara.

Lips
Last but not least I take my Catrice Pure Shine Lip Balm (I also talked about this in my favourites) and apply it all over my lips.


So this is my finished Winter Look!




I really hope you found this tutorial useful and enjoyed the first Day of Blogmas 2014.

See you tomorrow!

Love,
Sophie

 

You Might Also Like

0 Comments